Improv is a theatre genre in which performances are created by improvising directly in front of the audience. Improv, as we know it today, originated in North America in the middle of the 20th century, and it only reached Estonia in 2009. Today you can enjoy it both on the stage and by participating in workshops, offered by different improv groups.
The goal of this course is to introduce you to the principles and techniques of improv - how to build a story, characters, fun short scenes, and a longer performance. Although the classes are spent playing theatre games, they also teach vital life skills such as self-expression and courage, listening skills, cooperation, and thinking outside the box.
The lessons consist of games with simple rules that teach you to react to your surroundings while being in the moment and provide lots of shared laughter and joy. Lessons progress at a pace appropriate to the group. Upon agreement with the participants, a short performance can also be prepared at the end of the course, in which participation is optional.
Having completed the course, the participant:
- can better listen to both themselves and others
- quickly adapts to new situations
- dares to take responsibility and share it with others
- has an overview of improv theatre as a genre
- can create an improvised narrative theatre performance
- has gained stronger abdominal muscles and a better sense of well-being from the laughter therapy that comes with playing!
So, join the course and let's have fun!
- Beginners' course lessons are every other Saturday from 11AM-14PM.
- The first class starts on the 10th of September and the following dates for 2022 classes are: 24.09, 8.10, 22.10, 5.11, 19.11, 3.12 and 17.12.2022.
- Course fee: €70 per month.
- The number of spots is limited.
- Lessons take place at the Särev theater room (Tina 23-13, Tallinn).
Before registering for the course, please familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions.
The registration for this year's course has ended, but keep an eye on out on our future workshops and jams!